Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Manager User Change for 1 License

Manager User Change for 1 License

Hello,

I came across the situation that the only colleague in our company who uses Act! has left, so we need to change the user who will further perform her duties, including any Act! related tasks. However it doesn't seem as easy as we thought- although it was possible to create another user under Tools > Manage users, it wasn't possible to allow the new user to gain access to database (due to license limitation) and it wasn't possible to make the current user Inactive since the radio buttons on Logon Access page are disabled (greyed out).

Your advise on solution for this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Manager User Change for 1 License

Hello Hwhaley,

You are correct in the description, that changing the single license to a new user isn't easy.  For a single license database, the general solution is to rename the existing user (opposed to creating a new one). 

You can change the Contact Name of the user (Record Manager) by changing the 'My Record (to locate - Lookup > My Record).  To change the sign-on name, use the Tools > Define Users > double click on the name to edit.

Note: Before making these changes, be sure to create a backup of the database (File > Backup > Database).

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Manager User Change for 1 License

If I change the user name for my new employee, does that change the former user name on activities, etc.previously entered in Act!