Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Making Activities Inactive

Making Activities Inactive

I've been asked to remove certain activites within Act! so that users only use the ones we want them to use.

The system has allowed me to marl 'Vacation' and 'Personal Appointment' as inactive... but it won't allow me to do the same for 'Appointment'. 

Is there any way around this? Ideally we just need 'Call', 'Meeting' and 'To-do' and remove the rest.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Making Activities Inactive

Hello NETAlex - You didn't post the version of ACT you are using; however, I just checked on my version, which is V 17 - 2015 - and appointment can be set to inactive.

Call, Meeting, and ToDo are system defined activity type and can not be adjusted by the user.  Maybe there is a work around, but it wouild rerquire a 3rd party program or possibly the services of one of the ACT Consultants.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

[ Edited ]

Ooops, sorry. It's Act! Premium v17.

When I go to Manage > Activity Types, it's treating Appointment the same as the other three and not letting me edit or delete to make it inactive. How have you managed to do it?

Here's what I can see. Edit and Delete stay 'unclickable' when I select any of the top 4 types.

Capture.PNG

Bronze Contributor

Hi NETAlex -

I didn't do anything special.  I thought I may have started ACT as an administrator, but I logged in as normal this morning and still can change the status.

I wish I could tell you something special, but I can't. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am guessing you need to be using most curr version of actv17 prem - you did not list your curr complete version of act!

so i have to guess even more? reference ACT! / Help / About ..

Reference the act download center for most curent service pak and hotfix stuff

http://www.act.com/support/download-center/

let me know - cheers - FSBill

actv17 activity edit screenshot06092015.jpg

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

[ Edited ]

Via Help > About, there's the following

Act! Premium Version 17.0.151.0, Hot Fix 1

Hopefully this helps. We are yet to upgrade to SP1 so HF1 is the most recent I can update.

Apologies for the delay, I have been on annual leave.