Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Making Act2005 play nicely with Cardscan 700C & (if possible ONLY) Palm Pilot Tungsten E.

Making Act2005 play nicely with Cardscan 700C & (if possible ONLY) Palm Pilot Tungsten E.

Hi everyone:

I use an Act 2005 database- it once worked just fine with both my Cardscan 700C card reader AND I also had the ability to Hot Sync my Tungsten E palm Pilot with Act 2005....Life was Good!  Now one time in the distant past for history, I foolishly upgraded to this current Act2005 program and found both Cardscan & Palm required additional (and costly) product upgrades if I wanted things to remain the same!?  Ouch.  I screamed, yelled and kicked all near me but to no avail eventually buying what they all required to work together.  I also SWORE I'd never upgrade any of the three systems again without guarantees from Each they could Play Nice with each other.  We recently moved and I upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows XP.  On setting up in our new office, I recently discovered My Palm Pilot Tungsten E would no longer Hot Sync with my Act2005 database...the constant nagging error indicated it could not locate or open my ONLY database?  I tried everything and basically gave up thinking I'd use the Cardscam 700C reader and its simple rolodex file in the interim.  Well I eventually loaded some new business cards (New marketing job) verified them clicked the Cardscan 'transfer' button to send them to my Act2005 database....guess what...couldn't find it either?  I've been told a lot of things from both support departments (Act2005 and Cardscan) and the consensus seems to be that the Windows XP Service Pack 3 screwed me?  Any fixes.... at minimum need Cardscan 700C to be able to transfer to Act... will likely bag the Palm Pilot anyway at this point unless someone knows a quick answer?  Thanks to all!!!!  Steve

Re: Making Act2005 play nicely with Cardscan 700C & (if possible ONLY) Palm Pilot Tungsten E.

If you believe SP3 update is the cause, then you can uninstall it and it should revert back to SP2.  Please consult with your IT or Microsoft if you need help with that process.