Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail merge only records history for first contact

Tuned Listener

Mail merge only records history for first contact

I am using ACT! 2010 with hotfix 2

When I merge to a Word document and print I get the box asking me if I want to create a history item.  I select yes and a history is recorded for the first contact in the lookup but the other contacts do not get a history item showing they were sent the document.

In all previous versions of ACT! it would record a history for each contact in the lookup.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Re: Mail merge only records history for first contact

crbaker,

Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. I will provide an update if the status changes, or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause. 

Tuned Listener

Any status on this?  I still have this problem but dont' see any other posts on it so I want to confirm it is a known issue and a fix is being worked on.

I'm having the same problem.  I want to send a letter to all the Contacts in the Group and I tell it to record the history and attach a copy of the letter.  It only updated the history of the first letter.  I need each contact in that group to show the date the letter was sent so I have to add it manually to each one.

I would love if there is a fix for this.  It would save me a lot of time.

Guys has anybody managed a fix for this problem? I reported it in another post but nobody seems to know how to fix it - or why it went wrong.

It's a massive problem with the system which is about to see me move to cloud based Microsoft CRM or Salesforce.

Many thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

What version and build of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Hi Greig,

We're on ACT by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1

Hope you can help?

Many thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

The issue you are describing was fixed in the ACT! 2010 SP1 update. You can find this update and the latest cumulative hot fix for the SP1 build (Hot Fix 5) in our Download Center. All machines using ACT! 2010 must apply these updates, starting with the server. More information about this update and Hot Fix 5 can be found in KB Articles 25927 and 25996

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you very much!

P.s. apologies, the latter part of my last email was my from a previous Copy and Paste so it won't make any sense.

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to this... Births, Deaths, Christmas, et al.

We've implemented the hot fix and completed the necessary tasks to server etc however now one of the two computers records email / letter mail merge in history and the other doesn't. They are both running off the same version of SAGE ACT! Also, I've read the articles about security preferences.

Thanks in advance