Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail-merge from Opportunity List

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Mail-merge from Opportunity List

I am seeking guidance on best practice on emailing from an opportunity.

Step 1 - Create the Opportunity

Step 2 - Associate or add contacts and customers to this opportunity.

Step 3 - Email the main contact from this opportunity to let them know about a milestone reached, oh wait, the email loads everyone's email address that is attached to the opportunity.

Question 1. How do I email one particular client, the customer or main contact from within an opportunity?

Question 2. Or should I email them from their contact record and link the email to the opportunity when sending from within outlook.

Question 3. I prefer the first option as it

Part 3.1 -- Adds a record in the history of the opportunity, and,

Part 3.2 -- Adds a record in the history of the contact which then gives me another visual clue from that contact that this email pertains to an opportunity as well.

I would also like to be able to put out a report, which I am sorry to say, is not the strongest suit in ACT at present.

I quite often get asked what happened when to this opportunity and to whom and how etc. It would be great if I could just run a report from within the opportunity that listed everything that is associated with the Opportunity, when it happened, who it happened to and other information related in a date arranged order.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Russty
3 weeks ago
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail-merge from Opportunity List

Cam't be done with the ACT! reports but I've created similar reports with Durkin Impact reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Stupid Auto Text. The heading is supposed to say Emailing from Opportunity List
Administrator

Hi Russty,

You can easily email the contacts on an opportunity by clicking the Write Email button in the top Nav Bar - or going to the Write drop down menu, and selecting Write Email.

This will create a blank email with the names of the contacts associated with that opportunity.

However, it's not possible to 'automatically' have the action of sending this email create a history on the opportunity - it will create a history on the contact records however. You can then manually associate that history with the opportunity, but unfortunately this isn't an automatic process.

To associate a history with an opportunity - just double click the history entry on the contact record, click the "..." button next to the Share With field, choose Opportunities from the drop down at the top and select the desired opportunity and click the Right Arrow button.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Russty
3 weeks ago
Platinum Elite Contributor

Cam't be done with the ACT! reports but I've created similar reports with Durkin Impact reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Jon

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the process you have outlined in your response.

However, what I am really asking is, Can I send an email to just one of the people connected to the opportunity, as opposed to all the people connected.

I currently have to go to the contact and create an email and then use Act4Outlook to connect that email to a particular opportunity, when what I would really like to do is send the email from within the opportunity to a single contact and have the program link it to both the contact and the opportunity.

At present I am not sure this can be done.

Thanks.