Do you mean 

Mail merge error - Path Not Support

Mail merge error - Path Not Support

Hi,

Environment:

Win XP SP3

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

MS Office 2003 SP3

Today "Mail merge" from the "Write" menu stopped working. When selected, an error box is displaye:

"The given path's format is not supported." 

I'm using MS Word as my default word processor app. I've tried switching to ACT! Word Processor and back. No success. I've "Detect and Repair"ed MS Word. I've performed database maintenance.

The "Writre Email Message" icon works properly, as do other merge functions under the Write menu item.

Any ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Mail merge error - Path Not Support

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Try the 'Mail Merge' option from within another database (ex: Act Demo or new database).  If the error does not occur within the other database, the problem lies within your main database.  If the error occurs in the other database, then it is most likely a problem with the installation of Act! and the next step would be to uninstall and then reinstall Act!.

This may also be an issue with the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 program.  Right after testing the function, open the Event Viewer (right click on My Computer > select Manage > expand Event Viewer) and look for error messages.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Mail merge error - Path Not Support

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the input. The demo database and new test database all show the same error, so it appears to be an app error as opposed to a db error. The event viewer shows nothing unusual, so I guess its time to re-install. Haven't done a re-install in 18 months so not looking forward to that. Thanks for the event viewer suggestion.