Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Out - over a a few dasy to all contacst at a single company

Skilled Commentator

Mail Out - over a a few dasy to all contacst at a single company

Hi

If I had 50 contacts at ACME Co. Ltd, 100 Contacts at BP Ltd, 20 Contacts at CAE Ltd, etc etc

Is there a way to perform a mail out (mail merge) campaign where  only a handful of contacts are emailed at a time

ie some form of group is created where only surnames starting with 'A' are picked from Acme, BP, CAE

Then another group with all the 'B's etc

or potentially some other 'automated' system that just picked the first 3 contacts from each company,then the next 3 etc etc.

Kind Regards

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Out - over a a few dasy to all contacst at a single company

Skilled Commentator

Re: Mail Out - over a a few days to all contacts at a single company

Hi

Act! 2010

Regards

Skilled Commentator

Hi -

Thanks for the response - 

I've started using Swiftpage - and it's part of the reason for my email.

Once a company's 'email filters' see 4, 5 or more emails, with HTML etc heading to a variety of recipients, then even opted in email can be flagged.

By sending to just a few contacts in one mailer - then an hour later to the 'next few', it's not flagged.

There are ways of doing this manually - ie create a target group - then create sub groups by alphabetical surname will normally split the mailers to even a large Org into small groups

ie the 'A's go at 10am Tuesday, the 'B's go at 12pm etc.

It would be great if Act automated this some how

Kind Regards

Certainly, you can create 10 (or 26) groups with a Group Rule in each to include contacts with Contact Name starting with each letter and then setup up the merge to each Group to go at a specific time.

But this makes it difficult to send to part of your database.

I suggest contacting SwiftPage and see if they have a method to split like that... or another suggestion to get past that specific spam trap.

Bronze Super Contributor

Swiftpage leaves the recipient selection up to Act!.  Thinking the rationale to no re-create the wheel.  SPE allows you to select a current contact, a current lookup/group, all contacts or a company.

So, you need to come up with some kind of data rule that would easily allow you to assign contacts to a dynamic group, and then consistently follow your process when creating new contacts.

Perhaps it is assigning a letter code in a custom field or a number (first contact in company is 1, second is 2, third is 3....)  I don't have an exact answer, but the general idea....

Then your group rules select the contacts based upon these values...