08-20-2009 05:25 PM
Act 2009 is set up to use Outlook 2007, and it usually works fine for sending email. But when I do a mail merge, it opens the Act email client instead. Any ideas what I should look at? Running Vista Home Premium.
08-21-2009 11:38 AM
To be clear, when you click on an email address in ACT!, it opens a new Outlook email or ACT! Email? You can try rebuilding the user preferences.
1. Close ACT!.
2. Go to Start and select Run
3. Type %appdata% and click Ok.
4. Browse down to ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
5. Delete all preferencesbak files and the Preferences folder
6. Open ACT! and resetup user preferences.
08-21-2009 04:21 PM - edited 08-22-2009 07:24 AM
Just sending a single email opens Outlook, can't say we've done that by clicking on an email address as you asked. Just did it with Write>Email.
When you say to resetup user preferences, is running the Getting Started Wizard all I need to do after deleting the preferences files, or do I need to go into Tools>Preferences and do some setup?