Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge

Mail Merge

I've completed several mail merges from within ACT 2012 with Word 2010 on Windows 7  to send a letter to members of a group. I want to attach the document to the case history. How do I do that? Before upgrading to ACT 2012 every time we sent a mailing it would automatically attach to the history. It is not even showing that it was done on the history tab. What am I missing? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thank you,

Jen

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge

Hello Jen,
There is an open issue that is currently under investigation, where the history window will not pop up when merging documents from ACT! 2012 to Word 2010. The workaround for this is to use the Quick Print function in Word 2010. Details are in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26851/kw/26851

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for your help!

Copper Contributor

hmmmm,

haven't noticed a fix for this bug yet. The work-around of using quick print does not work and my users have a choice of printers to select from, so it's not really appropriate either...

I was about to get all my key users upgraded to Office 2010, as it seemed to generally work better with ACT, now I'm not so sure it's  agood idea.

Anyone found out any other solutions?

Roly

Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk