Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge w/Custom Data Insertion?

Mail Merge w/Custom Data Insertion?

I want to mail merge via email to 429 contacts.  I have my template ready but want to insert custom info into each document before it sends the email.  Is there a setting that will hold the "bulk" mail merge of multiple records and let me manually send once I've pasted in the custom info associated with that contact?

Re: Mail Merge w/Custom Data Insertion?

I also would love to get the answer to this question.  I found out after being on the line with CS for 30 miinutes that they can not support the merge of templates with HTML in them.  So no way to use mail merge for any useful, 2008 email marketing type content.

Kind of a big oversight in my opinion.

Anyone that has a way to work around this issue?  Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Danajoredhead: When you do a mail merge, there is a separate email created for each contact and they are sent out directly through Outlook. Unfortunately, the emails do not come up prior to sending and therefore cannot be edited before they go out. You would need to do a separate individual email from the template for those contacts you wish to add custom content to.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes and thus my question.  What you described is how I'm doing it now, but was just hoping there was a quicker, more efficient method.  I did end up finding a way that speeds up the process a bit through Outlook and it still places the history in Act! but it's not the same as giving me the option of adding in custom content.  My boss suggested unplugging from the internet and while everything  is in my Outbox, go in and edit the content there.  Seems like Act! should be able to come up with something easier.