Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge issue

Mail Merge issue

Hi, I am using Act!2013 Version 15.0.301.0.  I have a template and a PDF attachment I am trying to email to 37 clients.  I perform the merge and only 25 of the emails are sent out.  Why wouldn't the full merge be sent?  I can see in my sent folder in Outlook the ones that went.  This has happened on numerous occasions.  First I thought the attachments were too large, then I thought I did something wrong in the template. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Seems to me the purpose of the merge is so as not to have to divide your email listing, etc.  I should be able to send a merge doc to hundreds of contacts. 

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Mail Merge issue

Hi Stillman and welcome to the ACT community.

My first suggestion would be to check the format of the failed eMail addresses. 

Next, I would check to make sure all contacts are included in the group or lookup tht should received the eMail.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

No problem with the email addresses, the contacts are included in the look up.

If I put them in their own look up, they magically go....

This has happened before and it isn't the same ones that don't go.  I believe this system is haunted.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The most likely cause is your ISP SPAM blocking. Different ISPs have different rules but 25 is a common limit.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article addressing the issue of 'mail merge only sending to 25 contacts': KB Article 28237

Greg Martin
Sage