Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge and Graphics

Mail Merge and Graphics

I have created a new template with two different pictures included with text and have been practicing the ACT! Mail Merge to several test email addresses. The dreaded white box with the red x is showing up everytime. I have tried saving the pictures as jpeg, gif and bmp but none of the formats seem to work. I found infromation on programs like Mail Merge and SwiftPage that help with HTML but I will usually not be sending out 100+ a a time. Any suggestions?
Employee

Re: Mail Merge and Graphics

The reason you are getting a red x is that you may not be hosting the image properly. When you send an email with images in it, they must be hosted on a web server for the email application to retrieve once the message is delivered. When using a service like Swiftpage, we host the images for you on our servers and when delivered, the image will show - taking the hassle out of you having to learn HTML. We have a number of customers that send less than 100 emails at a time and have a lower price point to fit the model you may be looking for.

Note - I am a Swiftpage employee.
Note: I am a Swiftpage employee - feel free to contact me directly at dogdon@swiftpage.com.
Copper Contributor

Re: Mail Merge and Graphics

If you insert the images rather than copying and pasting them into the templates they should work. If you are using the Act word processor be sure to insert them in character position.

Also make sure your composing options in Act email / mail format options in Outlook are set to compsoe using HTML.