Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge With Graphics - Graphics Showing up as attachments and not displaying in web mail programs

Mail Merge With Graphics - Graphics Showing up as attachments and not displaying in web mail programs

I am using Act! 2008 and am creating a template for sending out emails using the mail merge option in Act. The template is being created using Word 2003 in Act. The emails, when received by Outlook look just fine, except for the fact that there are many attachments (the graphic files). I assume what is happening is Word & Act are creating these images (that are actually on the web) on the fly and attaching them. Not exactly what I want, but might have been acceptable if it worked in all email clients, but when I looked in the web version of Outlook and in the webmail for AIM no images at all are showing up. There are attachements, but this is not at all what I want.

What is the best way to create emails, to do email merges in Act? Anyone?

Thanks,

~Vern 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge With Graphics - Graphics Showing up as attachments and not displaying in web mail programs

Outlook is actually responsible for the creation and handling of attachments. See if the information in KB Article 18362 helps.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Mail Merge With Graphics - Graphics Showing up as attachments and not displaying in web mail programs

Looks like that did it. Thanks

The link you provide to the document that supposedly explains a solution to this problem is broken.  I am having the same problem - graphics dont show up in the recipeitns email message that I generate with a mail merge using a template containign a graphic.

please help/advise

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Brett,

here is an updated link for that article:  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18362/kw/18362

Bear in mind that this is not working as the old link points to the Sageact kb which no longer exists.  However the same article numbers can be found on the New KB:  http://kb.swiftpage.com

hope this helps.

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services