Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Sent Email not in Sent Folder

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mail Merge Sent Email not in Sent Folder

Where did it go?

I'm using ACT! 2010 with Outlook 2007 for email. This is the 2nd time I've done an email Mail Merge and the 2nd time I've had a problem.

I got my Mail Merge set up OK, went through the Wizard, and sent it. However, there's no trace in Outlook or my Sent Folder that I sent the email. It shows in History, but no where else.

How do I set up ACT! or where can I change the options to get a copy of the Mail Merged Email into my Outlook Sent folder?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge Sent Email not in Sent Folder

[ Edited ]

I figured this out myself.

In Outlook 2007, Tools, Options, Email Options, I have "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" unchecked because I'm using Gmail, and checking it causes duplicates to be created. I have created Outlook Rules to save a copy of an email after sending, but apparently using ACT! Mail Merge bypasses the Outlook Rules.

So, what I guess I need to do is if when I'm going to do an ACT! Mail Merge is to remember to check this option ON and then OFF again after I've done the merge.

Message Edited by MadDog on 04-13-2010 12:01 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm going to be using this feature more and more and I really want to be able to have sent email in my Sent Folder.

I just spoke on the phone with someone I sent an email to and he's saying he never saw it, and based on it not being in my Sent folder, I don't really know if it got sent, so I really need to get this working.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello MadDog,

Can you verify that individual emails you send not using mail merge (i.e, Write Email, clicking email address) are being sent and are showing in the Sent Items folder? Or is it just mail merge items that are not appearing to process?

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-12-2010 12:49 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Greig,

YES. Most assuredly, EVERYTHING I send winds up in my Sent Folder other than those for which I've used Mail Merge. Mail Merge somehow is where the problem lies.

Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I figured this out myself.

In Outlook 2007, Tools, Options, Email Options, I have "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" unchecked because I'm using Gmail, and checking it causes duplicates to be created. I have created Outlook Rules to save a copy of an email after sending, but apparently using ACT! Mail Merge bypasses the Outlook Rules.

So, what I guess I need to do is if when I'm going to do an ACT! Mail Merge is to remember to check this option ON and then OFF again after I've done the merge.

Message Edited by MadDog on 04-13-2010 12:01 PM