Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge - Hang if mail merging more than one contact

Tuned Listener

Mail Merge - Hang if mail merging more than one contact

Have done a fresh install of ACT! Pro v16 (16.0.291.0, Hotfix 5) on Windows 8 machine with Office 2013.

The database is local on this machine. The customer wants to mail merge to a word document from a *.ADT template. If I select “current contact” it works as expected. If I select 2 or more contacts, ACT! stops mail merging on the first contact and is not moving further. I have also try with the standard Letter.ADT template – and the result is the same.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Bo

www.actcrm.dk

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge - Hang if mail merging more than one contact

One possible cause would be the UAC in Windows. Try starting the ACT! program by right clicking on the ACT! icon and selecting Run as Administrator in the contest menu

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I have tried, but it eliminates unfortunately not the problem.

Best regards

Bo

I was hopeful that this problem will finally be fixed for the latest Hot Fix 2.  Mail merge hangs for me with 1 or more contacts

My primary laptop uses ACT! Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 2 on a WIN 8.1 with Office 2013.  Cannot get the e-mail mail merge to go for one contact or a group of contacts.  I can get mail merge towork with a desktop machine running WIN 7 with Office 2010, accessiong the database on the  WIN 8.1 laptop.   

ACT said they fixed this issue with Hot Fix 1 - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37456/~/mail-merge-status-window-hangs-and-save-wind... - but it did not work for me.

I need to do mail merge on the road so I am very hopeful that this problem get fixed in the updome ACT! Version 17!!!

Does anyone have any ideas?   Does anyone know if ACT! still considers this an unfixed issue??

I have the same set up and problem.  If I click e-mail message under WRITE for a single contact it brings up the Outlook email window fine and does send it to the contact inbox.

If I do a e-Mail Template or Mail Merge on a lookup it appears to run but the email never arrives at the contacts inbox.