01-23-2013 02:29 PM
I am using Act 2012 Pro. I am attempting to do a mail merge through email with a large block of contacts.
I keep getting one of three issues/errors.
1- An error box pops up that says Act encountered an error and is forcing it to close. There are no error codes with this one, just Act closing.
2- sometimes I get an immediate error box with the following;
The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_EPSERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)
I have tried to reboot, to kill with word.exe and to limit the number of records in the merge. Nothing has worked.
01-23-2013 08:26 PM
01-23-2013 11:19 PM
1- The block size was 4,529. Smallest bock, and still get the errors, was 500. However, there are also times when a single email from template will cause an error.
2- Email client is Outlook and the Office 2010 is the program.
3- Act 2012 Professional.
I get one of several issues.
1- Act will just shut down. For instance, with a block of 500 email, it will get through about 300 of them, and then just shut down.
2- It will get me one of the error I listed below.
Thanks for your efforts to solve this.
01-23-2013 11:24 PM
01-24-2013 10:30 AM
I appreciate your effort there, but is is "not" an outlook issue.
I've been using ACT for 10 years. I usually do a mail merge with over 4K records about twice a month, and usually do one with over 12K records as well.
This has nothing to do with outlook limitations.
So, I've clearly been using the mail merge successfully for many years. This is clearly an ACT error, and it's a new one that has not occured before.
Any other thoughts or suggestions?
04-16-2013 10:25 PM
I'm having the same issue over and over again.
Here are the details in case anyone is having the same, or can help.
Windows 8 OS
Outlook 2010 for mail client
Merge record count 5096
Word template in Act!
When I attemt to do a mail merge, the records get to about 4 or 5 hundred, and then Act! stops working. I get the error above.
Additionally, I notice that if I reopen Act! and then reopen the word document template, I get a normal.dot error.
I have tried the following.
1- Full shut down and reboot.
2- Breaking the merge up into groups of 500- still no luck.
3- delete the ACT! template and create a new one.
4- delete the normal.dot and normal.dot.email from with windows template folder
5- search every permutation of keys words for the error in google and bing
6- used the tools and repair feature to make sure database is up to date.
7- tried the mail merge with the wifi turned off
8- tried with outlook closed
There are probably a few other things I tried, but that's what I recall.