Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Email Template Problem ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

Mail Merge Email Template Problem ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

Recently upgraded to Version 10.0 and am having trouble using Mail Merge.  The problem occurs when I  I pull old templates or even create a new one (via Act Word Processor or MS Word) and then mail merge into an email.  The formatting looks ok in the word processor screen but then it's loaded into the email window the formatting is incorrect (text wraps around the html images/hyperlinks) and paragraphs/bullets are out of whack.

Using:

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

MS Office Outlook 2007 (although the messages are emailed via the ACT! email system)

MS Office Word 2007

Thoughts? 

Re: Mail Merge Email Template Problem ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

I have had the same problem with 2007.  When I did a merge, the hyphens and quotation markes or and non alpha character was replaced by odd symbols.  I called tech support who wouldn't help me until I paid the 300.00 for the support contract.  I had to pay it because I have spent over 7K in man hours having employees build our databases.  Now that we are ready to start the sale contacts, the email system doesn't work. 

The tech support people told me this was an isolated incident so they couldn't fix it, but they upgraded me to 2008.  This fixed the mail merge problem, however the mail system stopped working completely.  The 2008 console was being run by the tech and he could verify that the password in ACT that connected us to the internet mail system was being corrupted.  The mail system cannot connect to the outbound mail server so when he went back and checked the password, it was no longer the same as what he entered.  This is happening on all my systems except one.   The difference between the computer that works is that it is an old pentium processor.  All the new desktops are Core Duo Processors.  Memory size and loaded applications are the same.

We are in our 3rd day of trying to get my system to work.  If anyone else has any ideas, please respond.

By the way,  I can now see that the merge problem is not an isolated incident and I was given incorrect info by Sage regarding this.

Did you ever get a resolution?  If so, please let me know and I will back down my versions and fix that problem.  At least the mail system would connect in that older version.

Thanks,

HighandDry

Re: Mail Merge Email Template Problem ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

No I haven't resolved the issue and have in fact started using a web-based email service for $30/month which seems to work well.  Best of luck