Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Crashing

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Mail Merge Crashing

Are there any pending updates solving this issue? Act crashes when trying to use mail merge. Running Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3 and Win 10, Outlook 2016 16.0.8229.2086 32Bit.

this has been an ongoing issue from the last few updates and is very frustrating and time consuming for the staff. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conquest
‎07-31-2017 06:27 AM

Re: Mail Merge Crashing

I presently know of a work around to this issue by using 'Write > Email message' after opening Act! this will allow the Mail merge / Email (From template) functions to work as expected. 

I believe this is due to some connection issue when Act! is trying to connect with Outlook when loading in a template at the same time. and using Write > Email message or clicking on a contacts email will correctly establish that connection.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen this when the "Microsoft VBA for Outlook Addin" has been ticked. Make sure this is un-checked.

See attachment for how it should be.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conquest
‎07-31-2017 06:27 AM

I presently know of a work around to this issue by using 'Write > Email message' after opening Act! this will allow the Mail merge / Email (From template) functions to work as expected. 

I believe this is due to some connection issue when Act! is trying to connect with Outlook when loading in a template at the same time. and using Write > Email message or clicking on a contacts email will correctly establish that connection.

Thanks David, unfortunately this did not fix the issue 

Thanks Horn, this workaround seems to do the trick!