Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Macros for Act 2008?

Macros for Act 2008?

[ Edited ]
We just upgraded from Act 6 and really miss the Macros. We would like to be able to click one button that would set several To-Dos, Calls and Meetings to one contact. Any thoughts?

Message Edited by ferretguy on 04-03-2008 06:11 PM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Macros for Act 2008?

That sounds like an activity series.Check it out at Schedule | Manage.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Roy, Exactly what I was looking for! I wonder why nobody in tech support or customer support could tell me that on the phone? Is there anyway to share an Activity with everyone sharing the database or will I have to replicate the Activity on each computer? Thanks again!
Nickel Elite Contributor

ferretguy wrote:
Roy, Exactly what I was looking for! I wonder why nobody in tech support or customer support could tell me that on the phone? Is there anyway to share an Activity with everyone sharing the database or will I have to replicate the Activity on each computer? Thanks again!

As to other people being able to see the activities, if the database is shared on a network then other users will be able to see the activities. The activity will be assigned to a specific user but other users will see them.

Thank you for the compliment. I've always tried to look beyond what someone was asking specifically and look at what they were wanting to do and then match that against what I knew was available.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com