Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles onthe subject Can any one help?

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles on the subject Can any one help?

[ Edited ]

I followed the Act Knowledge Base Answer ID 24695 to the letter , except when I got to the section where it said to rename the file Master.mdf & msdblog.idf , I received an error (to simplify) Stated" the master.mdf was still in use in act7" & would not let me rename the files, at which point I attempted to detach the master in ACTDIAG but where grayed out only one it would let me have access to was the database with all my contacts in at which point I detach it but still would not let me rename the files and whether it helps or not by that article 24695 states that the files I needed to rename were located in C:/progam files/microsoftsql server/mssql. <number>/mssql/data but I had not such directory but did have a  C:\Program files (x86)microsoftsql server/mssql. <number>/mssql/data.  You have to believe me I follow all in that article to the letter!  I did try what I call an end around & was able to rename the files & copy the new ones but Act would not work what so ever, until I restored the original files & renamed them back.  Can you clarify those to points as to why that directory doesn't exist on my computer but does in the Program Files (x386) and what is stopping me renaming the files through that article, why I get that error. Also what I can do now to fix my dilemma?

Thanks

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles on the subject Can any one help?

Iuninstalled Act & reinstalled it the exact same error occurs when I attempt a backup.  I explained the situation
on the last reply to a post of what exactly happens when I attempt the Act Fix for replacing the SQL master & msdblog files but haven't heard from anyone with any help!! Anybody out here that can help.  I think I need a different Contact software probably ...........

[ Edited ]

Back again!! Still no help , but I'm getting further.  I have been using Act Answer ID 24695 trying to resolve my Act 2010 Backup issue,  but I have never seen so vague nor  so inexplicable directions , I have since found out by trail & error, the article states use "Run" & type:  Net stop "sql server (act7)" to stop that service before copying Master & Msdblof files actually means: use cmd.exe in administrator mode, how sad is that, at which point I finally figured out that's why I wasn't able to rename those files I needed too. Also No C:/program files /sql directory exists but is located in C:/program files x86/ oh well I digress but still a problem exists. I renamed the files & copied the new master & msdblog files & using cmd.exe in administrator mode to start the service "net startsql server (act7)". I get a 3417 error, now what? has any one have any cure for this, I just want to backup my Act for God sake!

Or is there a way to backup my database manually and can it be restored & how do due the restore also manully if needed

Thanks

Again