Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles onthe subject Can any one help?

MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles onthe subject Can any one help?

I have act 12 with Win 7 , recently got hit by some Malware I believe it was & got rid of it but it seemed to  corrupt the MSDB , The reason that prompted all the following steps I went thru after attempting to create a Backup of my database,  Act opens & I can view my files no problem but couldn't backup.I Search Knowledge base & went thru all steps in Answer ID 24695 , but when I reached     net stop "sql server (act7)"      & executed it Error's "System Error 5 Access denied" tried to research it & went thru Answer ID: 23392  & detach databases but gain no luck.  Any Hints gratefully appreciated!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles onthe subject Can any one help?

Try right clicking on the cmd.exe program and selecting run as administrator before you try and stop SQL.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles onthe subject Can any one help?

The run as administrator worked but now when I attempt to Run Act & open database Error: The database (mydatabasename) could not be accessed, in order to access this database check your network connection & verify that your database server is avaiable, It may be necassary to disable firewall".  Actdiag  also shows no databases after I disconnected as the second article I preceded with after my inital problem of stoppin SQL you helped with.  How do I get my Database working again?

Thanks Again

Silver Super Contributor

After you stop it you need to restart it.  Just substitute Start for Stop in the command.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

I ran the net start "sql server (act7)" as indicated & still get the original error "the MSDB database cannont be opened marked suspect"  , now what.  Why can't anything be simple!!

[ Edited ]

Attempted to  restart using the "Net start" command thru the Run but everything remained the same no change.  It seemed the 

Net Start/stop "sql server (act7)" commands wheren't working as it would not let me rename the master.mdf or masterlog.mdf

files or even not delete & replace them with good files because it prompted an error: " they were stilll active in (Act7)"  .  So 

i use services.msc and was able to stop the SQl server Act7 & was then able to rename & copy new files, but then I could not re start it thru services.msc nor could I access my Act sage or even the actdiag showed error: " not connected". So to get back where I could access my Act database I deleted the new files & renamed the .old files back to .MDF & Act let me access the database but as usual wouldn't let me Back it up.  ANy hints of what to do now!

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles on the subject Can any one help?

Have I got a problem no one can over come?  Everybody sure cease & assist on the Help!!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: MSDB Marked suspect...No luck with Act Articles on the subject Can any one help?

If you uninstall Act! and then uninstall SQL and delete all the remnants of SQL and then reinstall Act! which will reinstall SQL that will fix your issue.  You could also detach the MSDB database that is marked as suspect and replace it with a good copy.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

I followed all the Act 7 instructions for replacing MSDB but it didn't work,  Also I didn't want to lose all my newly entered contacts in Act what why I was backing up when the issue arosed.  So if I uninstall & re install I would lose all my new data.  Is there a way to backup the database without using the Act internal Backup in the program?  I also re install the SQl 2005 but that didn't help either.

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Your Act! database won't be removed when you uninstall and reinstall Act!.  It sounds like you didn't replace the MSDB correctly though.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com