Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MS Outlook Contacts sync but not calendar

MS Outlook Contacts sync but not calendar

I am running MS Outlook 2010 and Act Pro 2011. I have had so many issues with syncing that it's driving me crazy and hope someone can help. I have recently created a new profile for MS outlook in order to start from scratch for Act. I performed a sync with MS and it loaded all my contacts into outlook (finally) as this was the original reason for the new sync. I assumed that my calendar was syncing because it did before when the contacts were not. When I perform a sync for both contacts and calendar it shows it synced successfully, but it does not actually sync the calendar. When I go to sync the calendar alone it says it failed to sync. I deleted the file in the outlook sync file in order to re-establish a fresh sync which I thought would help but now anything to do with the calendar does not appear so I'm guessing I screwed that up. Please help as I am spending way too much time on this.

Re: MS Outlook Contacts sync but not calendar

I am having this same problem, anyone have a solution? Contacts sync fine, but not the Calendar

amcdermott24 wrote:

I am running MS Outlook 2010 and Act Pro 2011. I have had so many issues with syncing that it's driving me crazy and hope someone can help. I have recently created a new profile for MS outlook in order to start from scratch for Act. I performed a sync with MS and it loaded all my contacts into outlook (finally) as this was the original reason for the new sync. I assumed that my calendar was syncing because it did before when the contacts were not. When I perform a sync for both contacts and calendar it shows it synced successfully, but it does not actually sync the calendar. When I go to sync the calendar alone it says it failed to sync. I deleted the file in the outlook sync file in order to re-establish a fresh sync which I thought would help but now anything to do with the calendar does not appear so I'm guessing I screwed that up. Please help as I am spending way too much time on this.

Copper Contributor

Do you have Street Finder as an Add-in to your Outlook?

If so, this will prevent your Calendar Sync.  Let me know so I can post how to remove this add in properly.

Also, if the Outlook extend.dat file is corrupt (like your MS Word Normal.doc) you need to delete it.  Make sure you have Outlook closed before deleting this file.

After deleting open MS Outlook back up and it will recreate it correctly.  You should be able to sync successfully.

I spent hours to find this fix.

See attach document for where it is located. Note: The screen shot is off of an XP OS system.  You will need to adjust if locating on Vista or Windows 7.

Julie Cooper
Success With CRM Consulting, INC.
ACC

Julie Cooper wrote:

Do you have Street Finder as an Add-in to your Outlook?

If so, this will prevent your Calendar Sync.  Let me know so I can post how to remove this add in properly.

Also, if the Outlook extend.dat file is corrupt (like your MS Word Normal.doc) you need to delete it.  Make sure you have Outlook closed before deleting this file.

After deleting open MS Outlook back up and it will recreate it correctly.  You should be able to sync successfully.

I spent hours to find this fix.

See attach document for where it is located. Note: The screen shot is off of an XP OS system.  You will need to adjust if locating on Vista or Windows 7.

Julie, I followed your directions and got the same issue. Contacts did fine, calendar won't sync.

I am having the same problem, my Act! 2011 syncs with Outlook 2010 but only contacts, calender  &  fails. I have even tried Companionlink (third party sync tool) but  the same thing happens - Contacts sync fine but calender and tasks do not sync. Please someone help, I really need this to work!

Copper Contributor

I too am using Outlook 2010 with ACT! Prem 2012 and this was my first setup with syncing and contacts synced fine but nothing on the calendars.

Using Windows 7 Home Prem on a Mac w/VMfware Fusion.

Pamela Rosen

The only way I solved this problem was I had to get a new computer with win 7.  But now I have a problem where ACT! freezes when I start it up the first time i nthe day.  I then have use task manger to close it, and start it again and it works fine.