Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lowercase First and Last Name / Defining System Fields

Lowercase First and Last Name / Defining System Fields

Hello All, 

Thanks, for reading my post. We have an Automatic User import of Contact information, so sometimes Contacts will enter their name in all lowercase or uppercase. I am able to define the "Contact" field to automaticlly capitalize the first letter of their first and last name, but I am unable to do the same for the "First Name" field , and "Last Name" Field. 

We are getting ready to do some mass emails, and we use the "FIrst Name" field to send out all the greetings. 

Does anyone know how to get the First and Last System fields to capitalize the first letter, or recalculate based on the Contact field (which is already capitalized properly)?

Thanks!!!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Lowercase First and Last Name / Defining System Fields

When you tell the Contact field to use Title Case it just uses it in the display.  It doesn't actually change the contents of the field to Title Case.  The First Name and Last Name fields just parse the data in the Contact field into two or more different fields so what you are seeing in the First Name and Last Name fields is what the data really looks like.  I have a program called StringReplace that I sell for $79.95.  It will change the contents of the fields to Title Case and does quite a few other types of manipulation on the contents of the fields.  If you're interested contact me offline or via private email.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!