Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lotus Notes requires a password to access the ID file.????? Help

Lotus Notes requires a password to access the ID file.????? Help

I recently downloaded 2010 version.  What is the password to access the ID File?  What is it and why do I need it.  Our IT person does not know what it is?  My boss has ACT 2000 and doens't have an issue writing emails with act and lotus notes.  Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks!

Re: Lotus Notes requires a password to access the ID file.????? Help

ACT! doesn't set any passwords to access Lotus Notes.  If its prompting, its going to be security settings in Lotus Notes itself.  Have your IT check the security settings in Lotus Notes to allow external applications access.

Re: Lotus Notes requires a password to access the ID file.????? Help

Thanks for your reply.  I talked to our IT guy and this is what he said:

I'm not sure what a "passcode" is but if you're connected to the internet, and if Lotus Notes is running locally, and if Lotus Notes is listed in ACT! as one of your mail clients, Lotus Notes will require your client password to send an email. In ACT! you can also set additional mail clients such as Outlook and I'd imagine that if you have Outlook password protected, ACT! will ask for that password as well. If you have Notes running locally and if you send an email from ACT!using Lotus Notes as your mail client, you will not save the memo as a "sent" memo in Notes. Only in ACT! Also, this whole process may be affected by your "default" email client on your pc. So this setup may not be a slam-dunk.

By the way, I don't think your ISP has anything to do with this. They just provide access to the Internet and don't really care how you set up email to send.

I'm frustrated because my bosses act 2000 worked just fine with lotus notes and didn't require a passcode.   Now with the new versions it requires a passcode?  Ridiculous situation between the our IT guy and Act trying to get this resolved.