Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost phone data

Lost phone data

I have ACT 2007 and my phone data disappeared.  I logged on and it was gone, fax and mobile numbers are still there.  I didn't do anything unusual in my usage.  It was there the last time I used it and then the next time I logged on, phone data was missing.  Any ideas??

Re: Lost phone data

Chris,

Did you sync between the time it was there and missing?  Which link software are you using to sync ACT! to your handheld.

Yes, I did sync.  I use ACT! for Palm OS to sync to my PDA.  Data is still in the Palm database.  A side note: I have noticed that the database in my Palm doesn't seem to update.  Notes I know are in the regular database, don't show on the Palm after syncing.  But that is a whole other question.

Chris,

You won't be able to sync the phone numbers back to the computer.  You'll have to restore from a backup to get your data back.

Any idea on what I did to lose the data?  I don't want to do it again.

Thanks for your help with this.

Can't say for sure, but something obviously went wrong while syncing.  Maybe the cord wasn't plugged in completly.  Just be sure to keep regular backups of the database. 

Chris - I was wondering if you have any resolution to the missing data and why it was happening. I have had this problem myself from time to time....and have not been able to find out why. Thanks - Any light you can shed on this issue would help.