Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost password

Tuned Listener

Lost password

I am the administrator for my ACT 2010 database.  I had the system automatically log me in, remembering my password each time I ran ACT.  I just used the ACT software and changed my password using the utility in ACT.  Now, when I re-start ACT, it won't recognise the new password or the old one.  I cannot get in to the database at all now.  Is there a "back door" to get in to change my password again to make it work?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lost password

Hello,

Does your database have only one user record? Do you have any unused licenses?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Right now we have a 5 user license but only three are being used.
Loyal Listener

1. Passwords are case sensitive.

2. Do either of the other users have Administrator logon status?

Ok. Do you have another admin user who can login and access Tools/Manage Users? If so, have them do so, open your login for editing, then click the Reset Password button. If not, then you will need to contact ACT! Technical Support to use a utility to reset your password. You can reach Support at (800)927-3989, Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 8:30pm EST. If you have a support plan, call the number provided with that plan instead.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Is there a way to get into Practice Administration for Sage Intergy if you have forgotten your logon and or password? There must be a back door?

Hello Mary,

Unfortunately, we can offer no support for that product in this forum, as it is for Sage ACT! contact manager. You would need to contact the Support department for Practice Administration for Sage Intergy for help with that issue. Please see this link for the Sage Healthcare technical support site:

http://www.sagehealth.com/support/Technical_Support/Pages/Support.aspx

Greig Hollister

I am have an identical problem.  We are a small company.  WE did the same thing, we changed the settings, now it will not accept any password.  Upon trying to access the database, I cannot get in.  I uninstalled or reinstalled thinking that may help.  It did not.  I chatted with a representative and he said I had to fill out a form and send in.  There is a rate table attached.  Login administration help in the first rate-100 dollars.  WE haven't even been able to use it yet.  WE are ready to throw in the towel.  ALL i want is someone to reset the password?!!!  Please help.Smiley Sad

sincerely,

Donna

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Donna,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Are you the only user defined to the database?  If there are other users and they have administrator access, they can reset the password for you through the Tools > Manage Users screen (double click on your username).

If you are the only user defined to the database, you can call into support and they can blank the password (no charge, but you do have to fill out the form).

Also, if you have just installed ACT! and haven't started using it yet (populating contacts) > is creating a new database a viable option.  You can create a new database from the File > New Database option.

Greg Martin
Sage

We also are a small company who has been using Act for many years. I am a single user on Act 2010, purchased in November of last year. I have had it so it would not require me to use a password. I am the administrator for this program, but whenever it prompted me to get updates, it would just say that I was not authorized to get the update. I tried to fix this problem and also tried to change the password. Now it will not accept any password at all! I was told that Sage will only help me if we spend another $100.00 for a service plan. The program is less than 6 months old. Can, or will Sage do what Donna was told they would do...blank out the password so I can put a new one in?

Thanks!

Greg