Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost documents to backup in version 2012

Lost documents to backup in version 2012

We lost document attachments in database backup, however,  just realized one of our computers were never updated to the newer version so the previous version backup does have the attachments on the work done prior to November 2011.  Can I add to current database in 2012 version and get the clients documents to be attached again in the new version?  HELP!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Lost documents to backup in version 2012

Hello CMGraves7,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If the issue is that when clicking documents within contact detail screens it presents the 'invalid path' or 'file could not be found' errors, you can copy the attachments from the backup and place them in the 'Attachments' folder of your main database.
Greg Martin
Sage

The problem is that the attachment appears to be there, however, 0KB with nothing there so not sure if that is the same thing you are referring to.  Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.  Frustrated that Sage ACT technical support got me in this situation when they helped me upgrade and we didn't realize it until now.  Thanks for your help on this matter.

Platinum Super Contributor

Even with the 0KB, your statement tells me that the link to the document is still within the database. Since it is still there, you can restore your back up (File > Restore > Database > Restore As) to a new name > then copy the attachments from the restored database to the main database Attachments folder. Close/reopen the database and attempt to access the files.
Greg Martin
Sage