Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost data after sync

Tuned Listener

Lost data after sync

We have recently upgraded to version 2010.  I make changes in some of our database fields and if our other user puts a note into the same contact, some data is lost in my entered fields after the sync.  We never had this problem with the previous version.  Just wondering if there is a reason for this, as our supplier hasn't heard of this problem before and have been unable to fix it.  Thanks!!!
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Lost data after sync

Chris01,

I want to try and recreate the steps you are performing, but I need to be sure of the setup...

- Are you making your changes directly on the main/Publisher database or on a remote database which syncs to the Publisher?

(And then the other user syncs their changes...)

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Re: Lost data after sync

Hi Greg

Thanks so much for your reply.  Yes I am loading data directly onto the main database on the server.  Our other user is using a remote database.  There are no other users just the two of us.  I also have a remote database on my laptop for when I am off site, which I also sync daily just to keep it up to date.  But I mostly use the main database.

I also have an Automatic Field Calculations Version 7.0.4.5 Exponenciel...which freezes doing the first calc after a sync.  It does it on both my main database and remote databases.  I'm wondering if this is linked to the lost data as well.  I also had this on our previous version with no problems either.

Would there be a some problem with our server that would affect this??  But if it was a server problem it shouldn't affect the calculations in my remote database should it???

Thanks so much!!!