Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost Emails

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Lost Emails

I am very frustrated that I have lost my emails.  It is over the weekend of Memorial Day Weekend I will not be able to resolve the matter until Tuesday.  Once I get on the phone with ACT it will be a minimum 20 plus minute wait on the phone and another 30 minutes to resolve the matter.  This problem has occured multiple times.  I utilize the ACT email Internet and not Outlook.

Please fix the problem so that one does not lose there emails arbitrarily.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by kevin_durio (Copper Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Lost Emails

I just lost email as well and I am not happy.  I am not sure if these people understand that problems that are caused when small business' lose emails.  I lost a month of email and have no way of getting it back!  I call support and they stated that it would cost me 150.00 for one call or 299.00 for a year of unlimited calls.  My budget at this time does not allow for expenditures of this type at this time.  I have used ACT for years and I have dealt with its issues because I like a lot of the options that it has, but this is enough to make me throw in the towel. I am terrified of losing another piece of data that may mean 100K a year to me.

I do not want to use MS Outlook, but I may have no choice at this point.  I am done!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi,

I appologize for your frustration over losing your emails.

I understand it has happened before which only increases your frustration. This issue has been brought up to our Development team previously and they are working to improve the overall performance of ACT email, including the issue with losing emails. Great progress has been made to the point that it is a very rare occurance in the latest builds of ACT.

Any time the email is lost, contact support and they will be able to recover it for you. There is also a small file they can run that will backup your preferences and hopefully stop the email from becoming lost in the future. 

Solution
Accepted by kevin_durio (Copper Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I just lost email as well and I am not happy.  I am not sure if these people understand that problems that are caused when small business' lose emails.  I lost a month of email and have no way of getting it back!  I call support and they stated that it would cost me 150.00 for one call or 299.00 for a year of unlimited calls.  My budget at this time does not allow for expenditures of this type at this time.  I have used ACT for years and I have dealt with its issues because I like a lot of the options that it has, but this is enough to make me throw in the towel. I am terrified of losing another piece of data that may mean 100K a year to me.

I do not want to use MS Outlook, but I may have no choice at this point.  I am done!

I have searched through the message board and have not found a solution to this issue in Act. I just lost all of my emails for the third time in three months. If you look at the message boards, where it is posted as "Solution Accepted" there is no solution described there. This just happened to me a few moments ago. Can anyone tell me how to fix this so I haven't lost all of my emails? This time my whole Inbox is missing too. Help! I use Act 10.0, Vista, and Act Email (not Outlook). Thanks.