Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost Act! Pro

Lost Act! Pro

I had to perform a complete reinstall of Windows 10. I had the downloaded version of Act! Pro on my hard drive and need to reinstall it. How can I do that?

Administrator

Re: Lost Act! Pro

[ Edited ]

Hi cdconway,

You will need your serial number to reactivate and the correct download link for the version of Act Pro that you purchased.

Do you remember what version this was? If you find your serial number (usually sent by email) you might also find the correct download link along with it.

[ Edited ]

My PC crashed and I'm in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 but, I think the serial number for my ACT! PRO V.16 is: *REMOVED*

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Yes that serial number is for Act v16 Pro.
Please don't publicly post your serial number, as other people could use this to activate software you have paid for.

I have sent you a private message with the download link you need for Act! Pro v16.

Of course-stupid move on my part-been dealing with Windows crash for 5 days-guess I'm pretty baked. Sorry and thanks for the help.
Administrator

No worries. I've removed the serial.

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I downloaded and installed Act! Pro v.16 but, I cannot open any of my databases. They were all saved on a PC which crashed 10 days ago but I was unable to save backups (thanks Windows 10). I had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and reconfigure my entire system-on day 10 now. The app launches and I can browse to the databases and when I try to open one the dialogue tells me it is "Working"  but that "script" runs continuously with no outcome. I have to shut down ACT!. I have the databases and files saved on a portable drive but they are not zipped files or formal backups (I wasn't planning to crash). Any advice or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Are you able to open the Demo database or create a brand new database as a test?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com