Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Losing outlook sync

Tuned Listener

Losing outlook sync

Using Windows 10, Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 4 and Office (Outlook) 365.  Every day I lose sync and get error messages such as the one pictured attached. 

Copper Contributor

Re: Losing outlook sync

Tuned Listener

That article discusses incompatibilities with versions 18.0 and earlier.  I am running 19.2 

Employee

[ Edited ]

Another suggestion is running an Office repair:
Control Panel > Office > Change > Quick Repair

What’s new in Act! v20.1?

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39017/kw/what's%20new%20in%20act!%2020.1

New & Improved Office Integration
Contact & Calendar Sync
New sync functionality
Provides full contact and calendar sync with Outlook, Office 365, Exchange and Google

Email History
Improvements to the existing email history recording function
Uses different plug-in technology to provide improvements

Mail Merge
Supports new Office merge methods
Resolve embedded image defect

The exact same issue has been happening to me and the truth is, I am the only user. Is ACT working on a resolution? 

Employee

Hi Judithk,

What version of Act! are you running?  Help > About

Hello

I am using Windows 7, Office 365 (Outlook 2016) and ACT! 19. Not ready to upgrade to 20. It is the most important aspect of me using Act to keep emails and contacts sync'd w/ outlook. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried most of the things detailed in the pages I reviewed. Nothing is working. 

Thank you

Judith

I do apologize that you're having such trouble with your Office integration.  Here's what I can tell you about how we've addressed issues like these.

The error that you have is not something that we would be able to resolve, as the disconnection of the two systems is not an ordinary occurrence in the first place.  The error states that the Library we're trying to access is no longer registered, which can happen for dozens of reasons, but should never happen in the first place.  It could simply be that antivirus is not letting us access this library, or the library is removed on restart, or updates to Office 365 have changed that library.

The best fix for this, is to not use this system anymore.  We rewrote how Act! connects to Office in v20.1 from the ground up.  I would expect that this drastic change to our Office integration, especially our contact and calendar synchronization, would work far better for you.

How are you currently starting your synchronization back up when it fails?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

I appreciate the reply but there should be no reason why a new version has to be purchased to have the original program to continue working. We are a small organization and I am the only person using ACT because of all the issues related and nobody else was interested in using it. They will not consider buying the updated program to fix what should never have been broken in the first place. It states that the database cannot be accessed. I have no clue about a library not being able to be accessed. Maybe it is the virus protection as there is a new one installed. I wanted to continue using the program for the database capabilities but if you have to purchase the new version every year, it is not something that we can do. Disappointed that the only answer is to buy the updated version which is the answer ACT has chosen for almost every question. Sorry, no can do! 

I stated that was the best fix, not the only one.  Yes, as newer updated versions of Office and updates to Windows occur, sometimes the way of doing things needs to change in order to facilitate that growth.  I greatly understand that this sort of growth is almost never convenient, and rarely presents itself as a viable option.

You might have answered your own query, though.  Antivirus, security policies (including group policies if you're on a domain), or viral activity could break that connection easily.  The fact that it's happening often is my concern.

If you could answer my question I might have a better option for you.  What do you do when this integration breaks, in order to re-establish the connection between the products?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com