Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Losing Place in Task List Act 2010

Copper Contributor

Losing Place in Task List Act 2010

If I am working with a rather large task list,and reschedule or clear an activity,it jumps back all the way to the top of the list and lose my place.  Am I using the task list wrong or is there a way to retain your place in the list?

In act 2006, your place in the list would be retained after an activity was rescheduled or cleared.

Does everyone experience this, what is the fix? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Losing Place in Task List Act 2010

This is normal behavior for the Act! Task List, it will refresh and present the top of the list.  Since you have a long Task List, you may want to consider using the filters at the top of the Task List to narrow down the dates displayed.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Act 6 did not lose its place in the task list allowing you to easily work on the next task in the list.  Why would it be "normal" to always go to the top of the list every time an activity is cleared or changed.  Even in small task lists, this "normal" function of jumping back to the top of the list is disruptive to normal work flow.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there a work around or a chance this will be addressed?

Copper Super Contributor

I work with a massiv task list and mine only re-orders if I press F5. If both ours act differently presumably there is a setting for it? 
Copper Contributor

I may have an answer.  For some reason if I use the menu key to reschedule an activity I do not lose my place in the task list. If I use the alt key to begin to reschedule an activity, the task was will refresh and I will lose my place in the list.