Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup of blank Email field

Nickel Contributor

Lookup of blank Email field

ACT! V11 - I am trying to create a Lookup of all Contacts that do not have an address in the Email field. In the ACT! Help menu I found this:

Find records with Empty or blank fields

You can use the operators of Not Equal To (!=), Does Not Contain, or Does Not Contain Data to create lookups or queries to find records that have empty fields. For example, you can create a lookup to find all contacts that do not have addresses in the United States. Your query would use the "Not Equal To" operator for the Country field with a value of United States. You can use a variety of operators to create a query.

But when I do an Advance QueryI do not know what to enter in the Value field. Example:

Type - entered Contact

Field Name - entered Email

Operator - entered Does Not Contain

Value - ??

Re: Lookup of blank Email field

Set the operator to Does Not Contain Data
Nickel Contributor

Recall - It was too early in the morning for thining. All I had to do was select "Does Not Contain Data" in the Value field and, presto!, I created a list of contacts without an email address.
Nickel Contributor

Maybe someone could help with this.

I want to create an Advance Query to create a Lookup of Contacts that have the title President and Vice President but want to exclude Contacts that don't have an email address.

Couple ways you can do it.

Contact > Field > Contains > President > And  (this will include Vice President as well)

Contact > E-mail > Contains Data

Or you can use this criteria

Contact > Field > Equal To > President > Or

Contact > Field > Equal To > Vice President > And

Contact > E-mail > Contains Data
Nickel Contributor

Adding Contact>Email>Contains Data still looked up Contacts without email address.

What is your other criteria?  Just tested using my criteria and it bringing up the correct contacts.
Nickel Contributor

Type > Contacts

Field Name > Title

Operator > Contains

Value > Engineering Manager (I have about 10 different Titles listed separately)

And/Or > Or

Move the email criteria to the top and put the all title criteria in parenthesis.
Nickel Contributor

That corrected the issue of not listing Contacts with empty email fields. But now it's picking up Contacts with no Title. (A blank title field. Which I don't want.)