Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup in Companies - Greyed Out

Lookup in Companies - Greyed Out

Issue 2: I am trying to create a “Lookup UP” in Companies. I have recently imported more Companies although I don’t know if look up worked previously. When I to View List, if I highlight 1 Company and right click “Create Lookup” is available. If I highlight anymore than one it is greyed out. I have checked this with newly imported or old Companies and a mix of them with NO luck. I then checked you KB and it said creating a new DB would maybe fix it but it didn’t. How do I fix it?

I have,

Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 7

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Microsoft Office  – Cloud Version 365 2016

Click-to-run version of Office – Yes, I think! – In my Task Manager it has an MS one running.

Administrator

Re: Lookup in Companies - Greyed Out

When you use the 'create lookup' option, it creates a lookup of contacts that are members of that company - you aren't able to do this for multiple companies.

What is it that you're trying to get in your lookup?

Gday Jon,

Thanks for the response and I appreciate your taking the time to help me.

If I'm hearing you correctly the reason the the Look Up isn't available could be because there are no Contacts attached to the Companies?

I should mention at this time I have very few Contacts to Companies.

If there were Contacts attached to the Companies selected it still wouldn't give me a Lookup of Companies but of the Contacts within those Companies?

I went through My list of Companies selecting all of a particular type (Banks) so that I could edit their details all at once. I was trying to edit one field to be the same for all Banks. Any idea's?

Administrator

If you want to make a lookup of the actual companies, you can use the Lookup menu while in the company area. Then you can choose one of the existing lookups, or create a new one:

Act!_2018-03-23_10-51-27.png

Gday Jon,

You've been a great help,  thank you.