Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup contacts - goes straight to groups list page

Lookup contacts - goes straight to groups list page

Hi there

For some reason my ACT! has started doing something really annoying. When I choose to lookup contact it flashes up the contact page and then goes straight to the groups list page. This is getting really frustrating because I am having to then click onto contacts to get to the page I want. I have to do this every time I look someone up. Does anyone know why this is? I didnt always do this, just started one day. and also it doesnt do it if i'm looking up company or surname - then it just goes straight to contact list.

Thanks.

Re: Lookup contacts - goes straight to groups list page

What version of ACT! and OS are you using?  I believe I've seen this issue before and rebuilding preferences resolve the issue.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!

Re: Lookup contacts - goes straight to groups list page

Hi thanks for your reply. We are using ACT 10 on Vista. In the UK. We have tried what you suggested and it seemed to work once when we did it, but those preferences just keep coming back. So everytime I close ACT or shut down my computer it goes back to doing the same thing. Any ideas? I dont understand why its doing it now, it never used to. Could it have been an update on the computer that could have effected it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.