Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup Problem with 2012 - want 2013 - should I fix this first?

Lookup Problem with 2012 - want 2013 - should I fix this first?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I am having a problem that started almost as soon as I got 2012, I can't look up anything!

I get this long error message, see below...

There may be something in start-up that I cancelled???  I was having computer problems and disable a few things, I thought I turned it all back on, but could that be it? 

Any help with this would be great appreciated! thanks Kevin

actproblem2.jpg

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lookup Problem with 2012 - want 2013 - should I fix this first?

Hello Kevin,
Please see the solution for this issue in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1453...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for quick response, I was excited and found some Strongname folders but in no folders were there any .oh.h   or .oh files, all the selHis files were empty as well as Assem files, & stopngname  files... all were empty that I found... there are 10 strong name, files  each are empty

Bronze Contributor

I would say you have a .NET problem with your machine and most likely the only way to resolve is to remove and reinstall all versions of .NET as in every case I have seen this and after many clients wasting a lot of time this was the only solution

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Still need help.... I don't understand what .net problem is... can someone please help??? do I need to reinstall act? could there be something I turned off in windows 7 startup? I turned a few things off becaue my startup was slower, I thought I had everything essential I need... the look up on the left still works but lookup through the Lookup section at the top of a contact (contact, company first name etc) (give error above, thanks!