Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup Menu no longer responds correctly.

Copper Super Contributor

Lookup Menu no longer responds correctly.

My Lookup sub-menus no longer appear on one of my Act installations. When I click "lookup", I get the dropdown menu. But if I then click, for example, "Last Name", nothing happens. Similarly with the other choices on the lookup menus. The other submenus (like Contact/New Contact) do work. I can still conduct the search using "Advanced/Advanced Query", but it's awkward. I have reset all of the options back to their defaults, including all menu options. There is nothing in the Knowledgebase addressing this issue. Any ideas?.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lookup Menu no longer responds correctly.

Hello rconant,
There are two possibilities that come to mind. Either the Lookup menu item is damaged or when you click the lookup option, the window is opening but not on a visible part of your screen. The first thing I would try is to go to Tools > Customize > Reset Menus & Toolbars. If that does not resolve, then a damaged prefernces file may be causing the issue. You can rebuild you preferences using the alternate manual rebuild method found in the bottom half of  KB Article 14770.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions.  I did both before I posted my query.   I also repaired/reindexed the database and repaired the schema.  None of these helped. Any additional ideas or suggested steps would be most appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

It doesn't sound like it would be a database problem, but to be sure did you test in another database such as the demo (ACT2011Demo)? Also, does right-clicking in the field and choosing 'Lookup [field name]' from the Contact Detail view bring up the lookup window? What about clicking "More options" from under the quick lookup section on the left side of the screen? Be sure to restart ACT! before testing each of these in case the window is hidden.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Will do when I get home.
Copper Super Contributor

I did open the demo file.  As you predicted, it made no difference.  However, when I opened the file, it needed to be updated, and when it updated, I got an error message (something about the Schema).  I also got an error file, which I attach.  (It was a txt file, but your system for whatever strange reason doesn't allow them to be uploaded, so I switched the extension to "doc".)  I don't know if the issues are related, but I do get a sensation of going from bad to worse.  Could the error be related to the problem?