Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup All Contacts Without an Activity

Lookup All Contacts Without an Activity

We have roughly 5000 contacts in our databse. I would to do a lookup by contacts who do not have a follow up associated with them at this time. These would not need to be people that we have not contacted in a few weeks or months but some one that we might have neglected to add a follow up the last time we dealt with them.

This would be a preventative measure to make sure that we find them befor etoo much time goes by.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Re: Lookup All Contacts Without an Activity

njb123 wrote:
We have roughly 5000 contacts in our databse. I would to do a lookup by contacts who do not have a follow up associated with them at this time. These would not need to be people that we have not contacted in a few weeks or months but some one that we might have neglected to add a follow up the last time we dealt with them.
This would be a preventative measure to make sure that we find them befor etoo much time goes by.
Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks!

This is a quick and dirty way to get the results you may want. Goto "lookup" select contact, select "not changed", set a date to start searching from (try a early session first, this will verify the results you are getting, check only "Histories & Activities" and search. Note the count as you keep backing up to a earlier date. I tried this on my data base of about 9000 contacts and it said about 8300 had not had any further contact from me after being added to the database. Shame on me! I hope this helps.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Just to clarify... it's Lookup | Contact Activity - just select Activity and see how it how it goes.

I might have mis-stated what I am trying to do here. It isn't so important that I know who I have not contact in the past "X" months but which clients do not have a scheduled follow up attached to their account. I really should have put follow-up on the heading instead of activity.

I want to know how many of our prospects do not have a follow up scheduled for them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Not sure if there is a simpler way, but try this:

Create a dummy field (or use an unused one)
Lookup | All
Edit | Replace - and blank the field for entire database
View | Task List
Filter to display all the activities and dates
Right-Click | Create Lookup
Edit | Replace - put some text (eg Activity) in the field selected in the first step
Lookup | Other and elsect the field (or right-click on the field and select lookup)
Non-empty field
Copper Contributor

Hi

I've followed the instruction to find contacts with a follow up scheduled, which has delivered a result of 15591 records which is from day one of using ACT.

Is there a way to narrow down the look up to ideally create date or at least those contacts who have a contact number on the record?

As when I try to carry out an advance look up it doesn't give me the option to narrow current look up only replace current lookup! 

Thanks in advance

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You may want to look at out add-on for ACT called Impact Task List Plus (TLP). It is one of the modules in our Impact Suite for ACT!

It has a feature called "Create revered lookup" for just this purpose.

1) Download and install TLP, then restart ACT!

2) Go to the task list view and select all rows

3) Right-click on the list and select "Create Lookup Revered"

This feature will return a contact list in the contact list view with all the contacts not attached to the selected activities. Set your task list filter to "All calls in the future" then perform the reverse lookup.

Get evaluation: Download Page Learn More: Help Topic

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

To answer your question ... it's a matter of the filter you apply in the Task List
Copper Contributor

forgive me but in my previous post it was meant to read "without a follow up"

GL - please elaborate on how to use the filters to achieve this? 

Copper Super Contributor

Hi, JR_84,

You might want to look at a reporting tool like Topline Dash that gives you a dashboard of reports. You can look up Contacts without activities very easily.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com