Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Looking up Contacts that are NOT in Groups?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Looking up Contacts that are NOT in Groups?

Is there a way to get a list of all contacts that are not members of any group(s)? We are trying to cull down our database and we are going through contacts and groups, but I am having a hard time figuring out who is not in a group besides going one by one through all of the contacts. Is it possible? Or can I create some type of report that has columns for contact, their address and then groups?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RJGCO
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Looking up Contacts that are NOT in Groups?

This may seem a long winded way of getting to your contacts that don't exist in any groups.

First create a lookup from one of the groups, then using one of the user fields say user field 1 as these are not normally used, tag this field with a value to indicate that the user exists with a group.

So create a lookup, then from the Edit menu click Replace field

Choose the Field - User 1 and enter a value say 'Grouped'

Next repeat this step for the other groups

Now what you will have is all your contacts that are in groups tagged with the word Grouped in the field User 1.

Click the Lookup menu - Other Fields and choose User 1

Select the option Non Empty Field and click Ok.

This should get you the results that you want although not an easy method but one that will work.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RJGCO
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

This may seem a long winded way of getting to your contacts that don't exist in any groups.

First create a lookup from one of the groups, then using one of the user fields say user field 1 as these are not normally used, tag this field with a value to indicate that the user exists with a group.

So create a lookup, then from the Edit menu click Replace field

Choose the Field - User 1 and enter a value say 'Grouped'

Next repeat this step for the other groups

Now what you will have is all your contacts that are in groups tagged with the word Grouped in the field User 1.

Click the Lookup menu - Other Fields and choose User 1

Select the option Non Empty Field and click Ok.

This should get you the results that you want although not an easy method but one that will work.

THANKS SO MUCH! It was a little monotonous, but I got it done and I think it's going to work out great. Thank you! That was a big help.

THANKS!