Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Looking to upgrade Act client to version 22.0 from version 20.1

Highlighted

Looking to upgrade Act client to version 22.0 from version 20.1

I am new to Act and helping to update the clients on several machines.  The server has the database  and is the same domain as the client so it's a client/ server setup.  What is the best process for updating the clients?  Do I need to uninstall the old client before I install the new client.  We use a software distribution tool to install the software that requires a silent install.  Is there a good reference on command line options for silent installs?  Any factors that would change the install process?  Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Looking to upgrade Act client to version 22.0 from version 20.1

Here is a link to Silent Installations on ACT V22.  https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024433033

I might add that if it is only 7 or so machines I would tend to do an ACT upgrade manually on each work station, clean installations are easier.

As part of the upgrade ACT will uninstall the previous version of ACT.

When opening ACT  database on the server for the first time after upgrading the software it will run a simple wizard upgrading the database to the new version.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Agree with everything said here, although I didn't know that the installation process would uninstall the previous version first. I have always been doing that myself as a first step in the upgrade process. Thanks for the info on that.

Highlighted

I've seen a lot of people who said to uninstall first.  That would probably be the cleanest option.  Do you usually reboot between the uninstall and reinstall?

Highlighted

I have about 13 machines.  In your experience how long does it take to uninstall, and add the new product.  I am used to larger clients and usually try to automate but this looks like a a lot of work for so few machines.