Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Looking for a customized date field with only Date and Month for reporting.

Looking for a customized date field with only Date and Month for reporting.

I would like a customized date field to hold only MONTH and DATE with no year for annual renewal reporting.  I do no and do not want the year field as I will have to roll all customers forward in thousands of records annually. 

Currently my Date Field format is set to DD/MM/YYYY and as stated in the ACT help based off of the short date from the Windows regional settings. I'm trying to build a report that sorts on a key field based on Month/Day only. 

I have created two fields and still can not get my report to sort appropriately.  The second field is character and sorts alphabetically.

1) DD/MM/YYYY (Date)

2) MMM-DD (Character)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Looking for a customized date field with only Date and Month for reporting.

An annual event field would allow you to do a lookup in your database based on month and day. The lookup on an annual event field ignores the year. However, creating a report that would sort according to the month and day with out including the year can't be done from a date field. It would be possible using VB scripting to only show the month and day from a date field but sorting would still include the year information. One possible solution would be to use a character field for the date and record the month and day as numbers with leading zeros where applicable. For example, January 1 would be 01-01, January 31 would be 01-31 and December 1 would be 12-01.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129