Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Look up Companies by Last Reach

Tuned Listener

Look up Companies by Last Reach

Hi,

I was hoping the Christmas break might make this clear in my head but 2010 presents the same problem:

I need to identify which of the 1500+ companies we have in ACT! (10) have not been contacted by us in the last 6 months.   I know I can run a lookup on last reach or last email at Contact level but we have multiple contacts for many companies so the lookup contains many duplicates which presumably need to be omitted manually which will take many hours.

Does anybody know if there is there a simple way to show which companies have at least one contact which has or has not been emailed or reached within a certain timeframe?

thanks in advance,

Tigly

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Look up Companies by Last Reach

Have you tried the lookup by contact activity?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I hadn't tried that - so thanks for the tip; it looks a useful tool. 

The problem is that if I run the Contact Activity for those that haven't been reached, I get multiple hits for companies where contacts haven't changed.  Another run for those that have changed show they have a colleague who has so I end up with the same company in both look ups. 

I suppose I can export two lists to excel and use that to sort out the companies but it seems very long winded.

I need to end up with a target list of companies for telemarketing who have not yet been reached.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

If you are using 2010, which I believe you said you are, using the Dashboard SQL component, you should be able to create a SQL query that will do what you need...
Tuned Listener

Hi,

Thanks for that.  Sorry for the misleading info, we're using 2008, version 10 so I don't believe it has that facility?

Cheers,

T.

I have a similar question.  Please confirm that using an SQL query, I would be able to generate a list of companies (not contacts) that haven't been contacted within a certain time frame.

I have trying to justify purchasing ACT for a project I'm management.  Like Tigly, I need to be able to see which companies we have not contacted recently. 

Thanks for your assistance,

Jill Jensen

Los Angeles, CA