Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Look-Up Feature

Look-Up Feature

Does anyone know why I can't use my look-up feature?  When I try to look-up by status id, city, zip code, etc. nothing happens.  The feature works on three of the four computers I have running ACT 10.0.

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Look-Up Feature

You did not mention what happens on the machine it does not work on. I woudl think though that maybe ACT is either being blocked by your antivirus or windows firewall.

What operating system

Which version of ACT

Have you tried running ACT using the right click and run as administrator function to see if this is a permissions issue

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

After clicking lookup at the top the drop down appears and shows the different lookup options like by city, state, user id, etc.  When I place cursor over any of these options and click NOTHING happens.  No error message or anything.  Just does not respond. 

We are using ACT 10.0 and all computers have XP.

When the user tries to do a lookup, does ACT! lockup?  Did the user have dual monitors before?

No.  ACT does not lock or freeze.  It will continue to funtion.  It just does not react when you try to do the look up.  The user has not used dual montitors in the past.  It is a laptop, the only thing added is an external mouse.

Thanks.