09-07-2008 08:52 AM
Can someone help with the following logon error ... `Failed to initialize buttons & menus. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.`
Background: ACT! version 18.104.22.1687
Action taken so far and no change:
1) Have uninstalled all add-ons and ACT! 11
3) Re-installed ACT! only - Error message still occurs
Note: When I click "OK" on the error message ACT! loads and there does not appear to be any issues.
Thank you to whomever may be able to assist.
09-12-2008 03:06 PM
Your preferences file may be damaged.
- Close ACT! and all Microsoft Office programs
- Go to Start/Run and type in "actdiag"
- When ACT Diagnostics comes up, go to Tools/Delete Preferences
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.