Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Logo Doesn't Show Up In Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Logo Doesn't Show Up In Report

I can successfully add a logo to a new report template, but when I save the template and run the report, there's nothing there. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the background color that's showing up where my logo is supposed to be. When I change the background color, whatever color I choose shows up where the logo should be. I'm using ACT! 2009, and I'm trying to add the logo to a Pipeline Report.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author okiehiker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Logo Doesn't Show Up In Report

Eureka! And, slightly embarrassing. When I ran these reports, no logo showed up on the display. I was assuming it was missing. I finally printed one of the reports the other day, and the logo prints. It just doesn't show up in the displayed report.

It's still a bug, but at least it does print out.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Based on the information you provided, it's difficult to say for sure what the problem is. I suspect that you created the logo with the report drawing tools rather than inserting a graphic file. If so, then it's a problem that I've seen occasionally in ACT! 2008 and 2009 and it's a problem with the ordering of elements when the report is rendered. I have cured that problem on some reports but it required editing of the report template XML code.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Nope, I did a simple upload of an existing company logo. It was .jpg format, so I saved it as a .bmp file and tried to upload it, again. Once again, it looks fine when the template is in edit mode. But, after saving, exiting and running the report, it doesn't show up.  The report title is justified to the right of where the logo should be, but there is no graphic where there should be one.  Like I said, if I click on my logo while I'm in edit mode, and choose a background color, that color will show up where the logo should be, in the same dimensions as the graphic box that holds the logo.

Copper Elite Contributor

I'd suggest clicking on the image object in the report, then right click and choose move to front.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Nick

That won't always work in ACT! 2008 or 2009. Something happened in the report editor and the XML code that it emits to the template sometimes causes the position parameter to fail. I have fixed the problem on some report templates by editing the template XML code directly when I could not fix the problem in the editor. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Oof. 
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Copper Super Contributor

Unfortunately, that was the very first thing I tried when I realized that the fill colors were showing up, but the image wasn't.

Solution
Accepted by topic author okiehiker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Eureka! And, slightly embarrassing. When I ran these reports, no logo showed up on the display. I was assuming it was missing. I finally printed one of the reports the other day, and the logo prints. It just doesn't show up in the displayed report.

It's still a bug, but at least it does print out.