Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' trying to unpack and restore remote database for first time

Copper Contributor

Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' trying to unpack and restore remote database for first time

[ Edited ]
Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' trying to unpack and restore remote database for first time.  Any suggestions?  (ACT 2008)

Message Edited by craigf on 01-31-2008 02:00 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' trying to unpack and restore remote database for first time

Are you sure you've added the user you are trying to login as?

You didn't say what sync method, but assuming Application sync, check item 7 in this article from the ACT! Knowledge Base

Usually you'd add the user who will be the main user of the remote plus an admin user in case you need to use any admin functions
Tuned Listener

ACT Sync with different Time-Zone

Hello ,

If anybody having idea how  do the ACTSync works when run in different time-zones .

Look i have situation in which my Master databse is in IST and Remote database is in CST. I create an appointment 

in remote database in CST. when the ACTSync runs it is imported in Masterdatabase but with the timezone considering as IST. But i want it should either be in CST or it sholud somewhere i can access original time-zone .Is there anything that handles timezones in ACTsync or we can take care of this thing by any customization.

Any help is appreciated !

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Sync with different Time-Zone

Your system Regional Settings provides the offset from Greenwich for the local time zone. ACT! stnc recognizes that information and adjusts relevant times for the local time zone.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' trying to unpack and restore remote database for first time

Hi all,

We have the same message 'Login failed for user 'ACTSYNC' on a computer, but when we tried to unpack and restore the same remote database on another computer we did not have the message and the database was restored.

We did a lot of remote database in the same way on this master database and we never had this problem.

Regards,