Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Login fail

Tuned Listener

Login fail

I have some troubles with a user who forgot her password. 

I reset her password and created a new remote database for her. But when she logs in and changes her password, it doesnt work? It says something like: Couldnt authenticate user, check user login or password was spelled correctly, which indicates that the password or user name is wrong - but I am sure it's not, since we have tried a couple of times now! 

Is a user bound to the remote database originally created for her/him? I really need some help on this problem. She has got a new computer where i installed ACT - but I don't need to create a new user do I? 

Andreas  

Silver Contributor

Re: Login fail

try doing it on the master database just to check.  If you can repeat the problem on the master, I would suspect that the user profile is corput.;  IF not, i'd suspect either user error or someting with the remote database,  Try a very simple password or no password for testing purposes.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Okay, I will try to do that. 

I was also wondering. If you have to change the password for a specific user (maybe because he/she forgot it) does that involve creating a new remote database for the user after you have changed the password. Or will the user be able to log on to the same remote database as before but with the new password. 

Andreas. 

Platinum Super Contributor

You can change the password for a user from the publisher (main) database without creating a new remote, keeping in mind that the remote will recognize the password until it has synchronized.

If the user has forgotten their password, you (the admin) can sign into the remote and sync the database. This will update the information and the user can then sign into the remote with the new password.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Andreas.