Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Logging on Remotely + Attach Outlook Email

Logging on Remotely + Attach Outlook Email

Hi all

New to the forum and ACT! so be gentle! We have ACT and use it for 4 stasff in the office and 2 remotely. One of the remote users is a rep who is on the road and cannot sync at regular times. As I understand it someone needs to be physically logged on and runing ACT! on the server to allow him to sync, is this correct?

If so is there a way round this as the Technical Director will not allow someone to stay logged onto the server all the time and no one wants to be in the office at 11PM so he can sync if he is back late.

Anyone fouind a work around, other than upgrading to premium?

Another Question:

We run exchange with shared email folders. I can attach email to ACT! contacts from my personal mail box but not from the shared ones (The Icons are greyed out). Is there a way to do this?

Also whe I click on the attach contact it does not suggest a contact based on the email stored in ACT!. Is this normal and is there a way round it? (happy to look at 3rd party aps if the do this).

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards
Ryder

Re: Logging on Remotely + Attach Outlook Email

I do not believe that anyone has to be logged on and running ACT at the time. This was the option we were going to go with for our remote database users and spoke with a consultant about it. You can schedule your sync automatically so as long as the user's computer is logged on to the network, you should be able to sync right up. (althought, I don't know where you store you database)

Thanks, can anyone else confirm this because our network guy is saying it is not possible? Also is it possible to upgrade the remote users to the Premium web version but have the rest runn on the standard version on the same database?

Regards
Ryder
Nickel Super Contributor

Ryder,

If you are running the standard version of ACT, you do need to have ACT open on the server with 'Accept Incoming Syncs' checked in order for remote users to be able to sync. Only the Premium versions come with the Network Sync Service and Internet Sync Service which allows remote syncing without ACT open.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have some uses on Premium for Web and other users on Standard if they are using the same database. If the user running Premium for Web were to open the shared database, all standard users would then receive an error stating the database was a 'Premium Database' and they would not be able to open it.