Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LogMeIn VPN with Act 2011 Remote DB synchronization. "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server..."

Astute Commentator

Re: LogMeIn VPN with Act 2011 Remote DB synchronization. "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server..."

Roy,

Thank you for the prompt reply.  Much appreciated.

UAC disabled

Firewall disabled

"Accept Incoming Sync" option is not checked.

There is one isue that might be the cause.  Our server died recently and we re-deployed the database on a new machine with w7 premium, but the other local machines were not connecting (even with the proper shares) so we adjusted the pad file to state the IP address as the hostname as well as the change in the actdiag location.  This was done, I think, after the the rdb was cut.  

i have performed db maintenance, but not in the actdiag.  I was going to to do that tonight.

Thanks,

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: LogMeIn VPN with Act 2011 Remote DB synchronization. "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server..."

The accept incoming syncs needs to be checked on the publisher.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

ok. i checked it and used the IP address of the publisher in manage the connection information and I still get "unable to connect make sure "accept incoming sync" is checked,
Astute Commentator

Additionally, after i checked "accept incoming syncs" the database on the publisher is issuing an error message that states "Could not start sync server. ACT has encountered an error, please check that the sync server port is able to listen for incoming connections..."
Astute Commentator

However, a quick check of the Network Sync Server in in the systray states that the network sync server is running...?
Astute Commentator

Success! I used "localhost" and not the Ip address. Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.
Astute Commentator

Trying to send an email from ACT template and receive the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Fresh install on server.

Windows7 64bit

Outlook 2007

When I try to send an "email from a template" I receive the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any ideas?

Thanks much!