Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Locked out of Database

Locked out of Database

Hello,

I have never needed a password to access my database but all of a sudden it asks for username and password. I tried hitting enter with no password and it will not open. I do not know the password because I never created one. Does anyone know how to unlock the database?!!?!?!?

Thanks!

Re: Locked out of Database

I am having the same problem this morning.  I have never had a password so surely don't know what it is...

I called...but of course I do not have a plan...so didn't get any help there.

Ricky Harris

Do you happen to use a remote database at all?

I am a single user of the database...not on a network.

Ricky

Sorry...should have added this....

I was working on fixing my calendar views...using a suggestion of remove my preferences...did that...then went to restart ACT..that's when I had the password screen come up...never used a password before..

Ricky

Oh, ok. The reason why I asked is because we are in the process of establishing remote database users here (if we could get it to work!), and attempted to access our database remotely when I received that message the first time. But when I came back to it on our network, I was locked out which has never happened before. I don' t know if the 2 are connected, but it's the only thing I can think of...

I am set up as an administrator as well on a local machine with the database shared with 2 other users. We are now all being prompted for passwords and none of us have never even set-up a pssword. From what I have read does this mean teh database is corrupt?
Nickel Super Contributor

You will be prompted for a password as soon as more than one user is added to the database. Try entering your username but leaving the password blank and see if you can log in.

Also, I have posted a response to this issue in the following post.
http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=256&jump=true#M256